12 December 2019
AFMA FORUM 2020 PROGRAMME RELEASED
The 10th AFMA Forum themed ‘Explore today for a better tomorrow’, which will be held at the Sun City Convention Centre from 3 March to 5 March 2020, will bring together animal nutritionists, veterinarians, feed manufacturers, feed formulators and technical sales consultants from South Africa and further afield.
Attendees will learn from the cream of international and local experts who will be sharing their expertise on topics ranging from feed science and research to best practices for animal health and food safety.
Confirmed speakers include international experts from the USA, Germany, France, the Netherlands and Ireland. Local speakers drawn from all facets of the feed industry will add their views to what promises to be one of the most informative AFMA Forum events yet held in South Africa.
Benefits will not only be derived through the presentations, but also through the breakaway sessions, social events, and unique networking opportunities that have become major attractions at the AFMA Forum events. Adding to the appeal of the event will be an industry exhibition in the main conference venue that will bring attendees up to date on the latest developments and equipment available within one of agriculture’s most important sectors.
Programme at a glance
Day one of the Forum programme will concentrate on exploring the overarching challenges facing the industry. These will include food security, sustainable animal production, public perception on animal products and antimicrobial free production.
Day two will centre on finding ways of developing new approaches to nutrition as well as the emergence of health and digital tools to improve feed and farm production. The launch of Africa’s first training feed mill will close the morning’s proceedings. The afternoon session will feature sessions focused on sustainability, mineral nutrition, monogastric nutrition, and feed safety and technology.
Day three will be dedicated to data-driven animal production, ruminant nutrition, gut health and consumer perceptions. The final plenary session themed ‘rising to the challenge’, will feature two keynote presentations focused on antimicrobial resistance stewardship and transitioning from conventional to antibiotic-free broiler production.
- Prof Barry Bradford, Department of Animal Sciences and Industry, Kansas State University, USA – Sponsored by Meadow Feeds
- Dr Christos Antipatis, Group Strategic Marketing and Technology Director, Cargill Premix and Nutrition – Sponsored by Provimi SSA
- Mr Nicolas Martin, Sustainability Director, Ajinomoto Animal Nutrition EU – Sponsored by Ajinomoto Animal Nutrition EU
- Dr Michele De Marco, Global Scientific and Technical Manager, Adisseo France S.A.S. – Sponsored by Vitam International
- Dr Matias Jansen, Product Manager Absorption Enhancers and Enzymes, Animal Nutrition and Health EMENA, Kemin – Sponsored by Kemin
- Dr Kurt Perryman, Poultry Technical Service Manager, Micronutrients International, USA – Sponsored by Westside Enterprises
- Dr Mark Wilson, Research and Nutritional Services, Zinpro Corporation – Sponsored by Chemuniqué
- Mr Jannie Maritz, Director, Adlibio – Sponsored by Huvepharma
- Dr Henk Enting, Poultry Technology Director, Cargill Animal Nutrition – Sponsored by Provimi SSA Pty Ltd
- Mr Gerardo Morantes, Animal Nutritionist & Food Safety expert, Bühler AG – Sponsored by Bühler (Pty) Ltd
- Dr Elke Schoeters, Research & Development Director Sub-Sahara Africa, Kemin – Sponsored by Evonik Africa
- Dr Mercedes Vazquez-Anon, Director, Animal Research, Novus International – Sponsored by Novus Nutritional Products
- Mr Franz Waxenecker, Development and Innoation Director, Biomin Holding GmbH – Sponsored by Biomin
- Dr Johann Fickler, VP Know-how, Services & Digitalization, Evonik Nutrition & Care, GmbH – Sponsored by Evonik Africa
- Dr Leon Marchal, Innovation director, DuPont Industrial Biosciences, Netherlands – Sponsored by Chemuniqué
- Prof Finbar Mulligan, Associate Professor, School of Veterinary Medicine, University College, Dublin – Sponsored by Allied Nutrition
- Dr Christophe Bostvironnois, Snr. Global Poultry Products Manager, ANH – Sponsored by Envarto
- Mr Alex Turney, Area Director Oceania, Lallemand – Sponsored by Vitam International
- Dr Pietro Celi, Senior Scientist, DSM – Sponsored by DSM Nutritional Products SA
- Dr Vaughn Holder, Research Director, Beef Nutrition, Kentucky – Sponsored by Alltech Biotechnology SA
Another highlight is the Ruminant Formulation Workshop that will be taking place from 2 to 6 March 2020.
You can register to attend the full AFMA Forum or opt to attend only the day(s) of your choice. Registration at our standard rate is available until 31 December 2019. Please register soonest to secure your seat!
For programme details and to register, visit the AFMA Forum 2020 website at www.afmaforum.co.za
De Wet Boshoff
Executive Director of AFMA